View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #2774
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....

Oddometer: 1,121
Grab

Proof that the egg lives....

The money shot....

Location was Ohiopyle State Park, PA, at Baughman Rock Overview, approx N39.84514 W79.47394

Fun pick-up, great roads in the area. As we were leaving, a bunch of families were in the area looking for geocaches and they were worried that we had ransacked one of the ones they were looking for. I allayed their fears and explained the NA Tag game to them. She responded "you shouldn't be telling me this, there may be Muggles around". OK, she takes this geocaching stuff a little too seriously....

Other snag was that my riding partners and I were participating in the Hoagy's Heroes charity ride -- The Maryland 1000 (a saddle sore ride all withn the boundaries of Maryland). They were trying to earn their 1st IBA cert and they were convinced we were cheating by leaving the state of Maryland. We still did the official route, just added a 50 mile detour, but one is still convinced that IBA auditors are going to show up one day and take his newly earned license plate back....

The route, note the stray section in the northwest which clearly leaves the borders of Maryland....

Tag will be set in the Carolinas by Friday--I'm headed to the Dragon on Tuesday, and then headed to the Outer Banks for a week....

Enjoy,
Eric

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. - Unknown
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote