View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #95
ktmMike OP
roadscout

Oddometer: 1,227
Laugh George!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz1200 View Post
Is the akrapovic exhaust worth putting on. The slip on or full system? I do like the look better but is there a performance gain? How loud are they compared to stock, with/without baffels? Dealer will usually install and remap if I buy it at time of purchase. I also saw 2 different akra slip ons one for racing only with carbon fiber tips part # 6260509920 or the other which does not say for off road use part # 62505099000 which are you using? Thanks for any info...
Hi George!
Have you decided to buy a 990?
Since I don't have a dyno, I can't really tell you how much power is gained,
but you will definitely feel a difference with Akras.
All the KTM's I have owned since 2001 had stock silencers that feel like they are choking the life and the power right out of the bike because they are not free flowing enough.
Opening up the stock silencers, or replacing them with freer flowing silencers like Akras made a world of difference in the feel of the power of all those bikes.
On the 990, I am using the old style 950 Adventure Akras , because that's what I just happened to have around the shop at the time, and actually, I do like that old look better.
I have used them with and without baffles, and both feel much better than stock. All the above changes were slip on or bolt on silencers, no full systems.

Later,
Mike

ktmMike is offline   Reply With Quote