View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #2498
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
Mexico:
I took the Mojave 2. Without any liners and Frogg Toggs as a rain backup (too much honesty?). Honestly, the weather couldn't have been better except running into what must have been the Arlene storm on the way back. Dallas to San Antonio started off very well due to a lot of rain the previous night. As we approached Austin, the temps rose significantly and Mojave performed well. In the 75-90 degree range, the suit works really well. Above 95, its the whole insulation vs. air flow debate ( which i dont care to start off right now). Within Mexico, the temperatures were very comfortable. On the way back, it was a severe rain storm all the way from Monterrey to Laredo - just 150 miles but it took quite a toll on us. Apart form the usual stuff, i have to say this, the Forma boots "kicked" (lol) butt.. I think i would have been fine with the Lombard as well, esp within Mexico. Anything is a pain in 100+ Texas summers- you just gotta choose what makes you less uncomfortable.

Power Shell:

Hi Viz. Dupont Cordura is currently not readily available in the open market. We would have to import it ourselves but that is like committing to at least a few hundred hi viz. suits. If enough of you folks want it, we can go ahead and import it but like I said, has to be a good amount of people willing to commit a hundred percent.

We have three or four colors available. The pictures shown earlier were of the multi-tone suit. We will take also accept orders for single colored suits - black, blue, red, light gray.

teizms screwed with this post 07-06-2011 at 07:49 PM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote