View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
Mistress of the dual OP
Some say....

Oddometer: 203
Pacific Coast Rambling San Diego to Oregon

Is it just me or does the world seem better when viewed from a motorcycle?

When: Depart July 9th, return July 17th.

Where: San Diego to somewhere in Oregon and back.

Why: For the fun of it.

Who: Mike aka Baldbeemer on his 2006 BMW R1200RT and me, Zarah aka Mistress of the Dual on my 2009 BMW F650GS

We don’t really have a set schedule besides the departure date, the date we have to be back and one date to visit a friend I haven’t seen since 1976. We are just going to ramble our way up the coast and see some sights as we go along. We will be sticking to tarmac since Mike’s R1200RT is not very capable in dirt and I’m not very capable at riding in dirt on my F650GS. We both have DRZ400’s for the dirt rides.

We plan to spend most nights camping and keep the motel stays to a minimum. We are looking to do this trip on the cheap; not necessarily because we have to but more because we want to. Most of our vacations include posh hotels and decedent restaurants and although those things are very nice, it’s time for something different. I’ve read many ride reports where the authors are camping out and dinner is a can of something they picked up at the grocery. I can’t really explain why, but for some reason the simplicity of it all is very appealing to me. I always wish I could join them around their campfires; time for me to light one of my own.

The ride reports I have enjoyed the most have been those that were done live. Hopefully we’ll have good luck finding wi-fi along our route and I’ll be able to do this ride report as we go.

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2009 BMW F650GS
RR:The Quest for Apple Pie
RR:Pacific Coast Rambling

Mistress of the dual screwed with this post 07-21-2011 at 11:03 AM
Mistress of the dual is offline   Reply With Quote