View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #11027
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
that section looks correct...preserved so you can run the Wee right back in there i suppose. you might want to mention the gate at the bottom and "private road" sign. would have been real interesting if we had to turn around and ride back up just to get out. actually, the variety of bikes did pretty well on that road considering they weren't designed for it.

my GPS should have the track from the entire day. never tried to download to Google Maps, how do you go about it?
On a garmin if you connect it via GPS to your PC it should get mounted as a USB drive. Inside there should be a folder called Garmin and inside that a GPX folder. The GPX files inside can be opened with google earth. Since I only had my GPS on for part of the trip, I used Google Earth to create a path and then saved it to a kml file. Then imported that to my places in google maps. Probably a much simpler way but, I hadn't tried any of that before yesterday.

*Edit* I just tried and you can upload GPX files directly to google maps. Go to maps, select my places, new map, and hit the import link. *edit*

The part I wasn't sure I had correct was the end. I was not sure if I had the track ending at the right spot.

jgiacobbe screwed with this post 07-10-2011 at 07:57 AM Reason: added note about importing gpx to google maps
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote