View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #11049
Mbarr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
First Post - Introduction

I wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site since last fall after buying my first motorcycles (I waited a long time). I did join a couple of you guys on Jan 1st on a trip to Wasabi's in Williamsburg and did take a trip to the Monterey Maple Festival with Eddie in March. I would have joined some of you a couple of weeks ago on Eddie's Big Offroad Adventure, but I sold my F650 to Eddie in April (big mistake and I miss my bike). I still have the Bonneville, however.. I am a longtime Richmonder and have a large appetite for sports cars and motorcycles (fortunately, I have a very understanding wife). I told Eddie that I would post a couple of pictures of my first dirt bike trip to Denver two weeks ago (if I can figure out how to post a picture). I am used to riding dirt bikes with my 9 year old son (me on a Honda 100xr and him of a CRF 50) so the KTM 450 was quite a challenge in the mountains.

I did want to mention that I was at the Harley dealership near Ashland yesterday and saw an 2006 F650GS w/15,000 miles that has Pelican bags, Givi topcase, extra lights, crash bars, hand guards and a tall windscreen for $4,500 in anyone needs/wants a dual purpose bike. It was just traded in on Sat. I would have bought it buy I don't care for red.

Anyway, would love to tag along on some rides, sometime.

Mike
Mbarr is offline   Reply With Quote