View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
jphish OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Bluhduh

I have soft panniers (Ortlieb) but still need rack system to keep 'em off the hot pipe. They are pretty good for many things - but not for all. When I say adventure - I mean camping / fishing trips on dirt gravel USFS / BLM roads - not single track. Am leaning towards Happy Trails rack & Holan 40 L cases (if available) for the long haul. My trips are typically 3-4K mi - need capacity for 'creature comforts' (camping gear / flyrods / food) & sturdy enough to weather the terrain / conditions we encounter. Still interested in others experience though. Was considering SW MotechTraX cases, but the "parallel universe" board had one thread that was not very complementary on the 'system' or its durability. Perhaps the new EVO models have corrected the issues - maybe not. E-towns comment on the 'flimsy' nature of the Triumph rack system is one of the reasons I'm moving to something else. I think for general use they are fine - Just dont see the plastic holding up to any abuse - & given the roads we travel, I will at some point have a 'tip over'... possibly even while in motion.
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote