View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #46
ChubbyThumper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Turning for home

Time to head in the general direction of Cherbourg for my ferry in three days time

After an early morning run to the refuge with Stanbloke and the lads I came back, packed up and headed for Nevache and Briancon over a beautiful little road beside Bokki camping. At the Col de Galibiere turn off from the D1091 the road was closed for a cycle race. Gendarmes all over the place directing traffic and I met up with Donnie and Buckles who had left camp before me.

Donnie and Buckles chilling. Thats only part of Col de Galibiere zig zagging upwards in the background.

We had an hour to kill till the road opened so put the time in as best we could.
A little trick I have perfected over the years

No Galibiere shots as we all wanted to make up some time after hanging around so long. The day ended in the Municipal campsite in Macon. An excellent spot with a good shop, swimming pool etc. My French neighbour came rushing over to show me a mobile phone photo of his 83 Triumph as I was putting the tent up. His comment on my KTM was, too beeg too beeg ( arms waving ). Bikes are great icebreakers..

ChubbyThumper screwed with this post 07-21-2011 at 05:16 AM
ChubbyThumper is offline   Reply With Quote