View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #2449
Curtis in Texas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
The Wife and I were headed home from Pinehurst NC Monday of this week and were sitting at a red light on Brookshire Blvd in Charlotte NC waiting to get onto I 85 to head south back to Texas.. Next to us at the light was a Black Multistrada with a rear top case. The rider was wearing all black riding gear and a flat black helmet. He looked hot sitting still at the light, as I would have been on my 95 Elefant. But you could tell he was ready to roll and enjoy his commute home. Young guy I'd say mid 30's and very fit, unlike me and my 60 year old profile.

The wife went all Ga Ga at over the sound of the bike. (She's like that when they sound good!)
I have a D&D on mine and it's pure music!
We tried to stay with the Ducati to get some pictures of him moving, but he was out of sight before I could get the camera going.
Yea, I know a stupid thought, as I would have ridden the same way if I were on my 900.

We were in the wife’s Red 4 Runner with the limo tinted windows. (A requirement for living in the Texas Heat!)
I'm sure we didn't make near the impression on him as he did on us!

I watched him disappear into the distance and I was rolling at 88 mph passing everyone I could, just to watch him ride a little longer.

A beautiful sight to watch!
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" -Burt Munro
Curtis in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote