View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
jgino157 OP
Yer' mom!!!

Oddometer: 454
Day 3....

Let me start by saying.........we were tired.....most hungover......our boots were still soaking wet......and we were all up at 0630hrs (earliest morning of the trip). No breakfast......piss poor coffee.....and guess what??? Yup, fucking pouring rain outside......FUCKING POURING........

Thanks to Juan for keeping us composed with his normal morning salute.......

We all suited up and rolled out. Took about 15 mins to realize.......this sucked....From Copper Harbor to Houghton we managed one picture because of the rain.....

Into Houghton at roughly 800, I spot a Hardees.........yup

Do you have any idea how much of a mess 5 guys in soaking wet gear make on a tile floor. Wow, were they pissed......i dont think Juan cared......I know Wade didnt

So, out of Hardees....it was still pouring.......however, we had breakfast and coffee in our systems....and we starting to hit some good dirt. Rain was not a factor at this point (even though it was still pouring). In fact it became a game of hitting every puddle possible, because it didnt matter. Our boots had been wet for two days now......back to having a blast.....until......

Anyone who is a true dirtbiker knows the game of passing your buddy at about 60mph to hit a puddle and soak him. Well, I was playing that game at about 70 over some whooops and one of my luggage straps came loose. All I heard was BANG as a tie down got stuck in my rim, ripped of my rack, took out my inner fender, turn signal, brake light, plate and most importantly.....my rear brake line.......

Oh well...........continue on..............

About this bridge, Juan and Miskoman start bitching about their rear brakes......look at em....yup, pads are fried........that makes three bikes with no rear brakes......

As luck would have it, we find a dealership 1.5 miles off the trail....(bigtime luck)

They put a GIANT rear line on from some ATV, and a quick bleed....

And the brakes still sucked.....oh, wait, this was in the caliper....

While stopped, Juan and Misko call every dealership in the UP looking for pads.....one set.....in Iron Mountain......looks like we have our nights destination......

Continue on.......

Starting to get a little soft here......

Man Down!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened????????

Really Juan???? Really????

Stopped in to visit some relatives...............

Some great gravel roads in this area.....and some phenomenal paved roads as we wound our way into Wisconsin for lunch ......

And then off to Ironwood.....another section where we took very few pics and hauled ass......until....

What haaaaaaapened???

No more pics to document the evening, however we rolled into Iron Mountain and retrieved one set of pads from the dealerships mailbox as it was well after closing time. Found a couple a rooms for cheap.

Misko stops to buy some tools as his header is coming loose. Low and behold, he forgot to put the exhaust gasket in during the rebuild. Juan to the rescue, and the two use a key ring, yes a keyring, as a gasket.

Off to Tbell and then the grocery store where it is discovered that beer is cheaper than water. Easy decision. Short walk back to our room where we are met by the most god awful stench I have ever experienced. I had no idea wet gear (especially boots) could create such a powerful WMD.
Colorado 2012
UPAT 2011 2014

jgino157 screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 07:41 PM
jgino157 is offline   Reply With Quote