View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
polarpc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Seriously......most fun trip I've ever taken on a bike! Great group of guys to ride with......an epic journey. I've been around a majority of the UP as a kid camping with my family and on snowmobiles but had never ridden a bike up there. We went places and towns I'd never been before and some of the scenery you'd never believe was still in MI! Thanks a ton to Cannonshot for laying out all the routes and tracks we used.....it was absolutely great!

The restraunt in Copper Harbor is The Mariner North - great food and drinks.

Even though it rained a lot it was great......later in the day it didn't matter as our boots were soaked anyway. Felt like a little kid splashing through the mud puddles! Riding in dust really sucks anyway!

The single tracks we rode thru - Bass Lake and Sand Lake - amazing....can't believe we got those big bikes thru there - except Juan on his cheater 350. Seriously, I will be going back to the UP with my 525 or something smaller to ride those trails again!

Thanks to Gino for leading us a majority of the way, we had 2 other GPS with us, but I forgot to load the UPAT points before we left, I only had trail systems loaded. Oh well, it worked out well. I'd do this ride again in a heartbeat with hardly any changes......it was hopefully the first of many multi-day rides!
polarpc is offline   Reply With Quote