View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #53
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag View Post
I bought a pair of the Balance Pro Tech boots at the Trials Nationals in Sequatchie, TN. I loved them as soon as I tried them on. I left them on and asked the clerk to throw away my Kachmann touring boots that I was wearing.

I ride a DRZ400SM and on the ride home I had difficulty shifting. The sole of the new boots made it difficult to put my toe under the shifter. My Kachmanns had a gap in the area of the sole that is underneath the arch of my foot, while the Gaernes are continuous front to back. Do you have any recommendations? I was thinking of grinding down the sole under the arch to give me some more room, but I don't want to lose the stiffness that the sole provides.

I have a set of dirt wheels for my bike and plan to do some dual sport riding. That is why I bought the trials style boots.
Thanks,
Tag
Hello Tag.

I agree with KBroderick, acclimation is probably the best cure. At minimum, I would wait a bit before grinding down the sole. Leaving it as is will allow you to have more foot positions and move your feet front <> back more easily.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote