View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 758
My New Chinese Big Ruckus clone thread...

I figured I would make a thread about my New Chinese 150cc Big Ruckus clone..

I bought this Pretty much based off Clayjars thread. I wanted a cheapo scooter but did not really like the ride of the typical China 150cc scooter. Felt too light to me but was impressed by the power and speed.

Anyway.... I decided to have it ordered through my Local Scooter shop. He also did the PDI and setup on it. It is a BIG SCOOTER.... and it feels like it. It is Very Sure footed unlike other scooters I have ridden. The bike came with a few scratches on the handlebars but nothing major. Paint is Metallic Burgandy.. Brand name is SSR Rowdy 150cc. $1450 Out the Door with a warranty

I rode it quite a bit tonight and after a several miles I did a short top speed run. Flat out on a flat stretch of hwy was 59 mph with my gps. So it is faster than the other Big ruckus clones I have ridden.

Bike has a hall effect speedo that is 2 mph off is looks like. Bike gets up to speed pretty good for such a tank of a bike.. Back rest is nice and sturdy even up against my 230lbs.. Has pretty good ground clearance.

Gripes........... The plastic is painted but not painted on the inside of doors that open like to the gas cap. I will change that.

Tires....May change these out to some sort of semi knobby if they make them.

Last gripe.. It is too damn quiet.. Like sewing machine quiet..

Got back too late for pics but here is one that he sent me after he pulled the paneling pulled off the frame work..

Stay tuned... Proper detail photoshoot Thursday.

In crate..
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote