View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto View Post
Thank you. I posted a question on your other thread about the oiled balance. I am trying to figure out which to order from you.
Oiled balance or G-Midland. something I can walk with yet provide good protection.

Also wondering about sizing. I wear sidi cross fire size 11.

What would you suggest?
AFA sizing, I prefer not to cross against other moto boots, it usually ends up wrong. Instead, look at the EU size of a 3-4 pairs of your athletic or hiking shoes and get an average. That should guide things.

The conversation on DS boots occurs with varying context. Some people feel that MX boots are the only choice, because they have the maximum protection. This is true. Some people feel that MX boots are too stiff, too heavy, and too uncomfortable for DS use. This is also true. Trying to define a mid point between convenience and protection will satisfy some people and not others.

The G-Midland looks to be a lot more rigid and supportive. The will certainly sacrifice some "walkability" but should be nowhere near an MX boot.

Probably best thing I can say about the topic is this: people should try to wear as much boot as they can tolerate.

Hope that helps.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 03-07-2012 at 06:55 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote