View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Krasniewski OP
I don't ride much.

Oddometer: 1,108
Took a little ride out into the hills after work today with a buddy on his DR. Nothing crazy, just some gravel roads and the like, but the new rig performed admirably, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with myself.

Great power, good engine braking, flat torque curve, super smooth, and not picky about what gear you're in. If you're in a low gear uphill, she's a little sensitive to power input, but something you get used to, or simply upshift to get rid of (EDIT: now that I think about it, this is probably due to the fact that I removed the secondary throttle butterflies). The stock sprockets from the Ninja motor and the KLR wheel even are working out perfectly for me. Highways on the way home are no problem up to 90+ mph.

The only minuses so far are the brake pedal, which needs to be moved a bit, as the engine case makes it awkward to access and the fuel map isn't 100% right, and with engine braking the exhaust had a lean pop to it on rare occasion. It's pretty close, and I'm not sure if I'll get a PC and a custom map yet or not. It certainly would help, but I'm not sure it's worth the money - a rear shock would prob be closer to the top of my list.

The first two are vids (click on them) and the rest are pics for you to enjoy! (Noise in the vids is a Nalgene bottle and leatherman bouncing around in the saddlebags.)

Titanium exhaust - factory can off a 2009 Yamaha R1.

Krasniewski screwed with this post 08-03-2011 at 09:40 PM
Krasniewski is offline   Reply With Quote