View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #7588
MJNygs
El Duderino

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
and what it sounds like when we tried to start it yesterday. Cheryl tweaked the throttle cable and no stalls after that for now.

Sorry to hear about how this is affecting your trip. Hope you have safe travels.

Until this point I have held off posting on this issue, but my bike has been plagued with the EXACT same issue shown in the video since the day I picked it up from the dealer. Normal ambient temp, bike in neutral (or clutch in) and the bike just dies. The only remedy that I've seen is twisting the throttle a bit to give it more gas.

Thankfully for me, it does not happen regularly but only somewhat sporadically - only about a dozen times over the 3 months / 3,500 miles on the bike, but it is still somewhat annoying to be at a red light and suddenly have the bike stall, light turns green and traffic is backing up behind you as you try to restart your bike.

It really does seem to me like a pretty widespread issue - hopefully Triumph can resolve soon because these really are otherwise great bikes!
MJNygs is offline   Reply With Quote