Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #84
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
~
Grok,
I just received my Harmonizer from a few days ago, but since I just set all my applicable twins just a few miles ago there is no need for me to use it yet. I'll admit I bought it early to get the discount (and because I'm a tool junkie), but now hearing about some of these failures begs me to ask the question...

What if I pull it out to use it in 2 or 3 months and it has a failure similar to those described here? Will it still be fully covered?

Thanks!
Dallara
~
Yes,
The units have a 2 year warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects.
The few known failures point to a manufacturing defect in the sensor component. It is definitely covered.

As far as reliability in general, there are units that have been in continuous daily shop use for months, representing many tens of hours of use. The few known failures have happened very early in the service life, within the first hour or less.

The two reported failures represent a rate below 1%. Not enough data to be of real statistical significance.
If a higher rate begins to appear, I may temporarily suspend sales until I can put a more robust test in place to catch defects.

But I want to be clear that I will stand behind the product and make every effort to ensure satisfied customers.