View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 AM   #42
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré XT1200Z

I ordered it on yamaha's PDP program Sept. 8th, 2010. It was suppose to be a 8 month wait with deliveries based on order sequence starting May 2010. The earthquake hit in March 2011 and changed all that. I stuck it out unlike some people (who wish now that had stayed the course). Now the states are loaded with the ones who "woke up this morning and decided I think I am going to buy a Super Ténéré". Not so fast there becasue being a PDP bike the only ones you can actually buy on the dealers floor is a bike that a customer declined to buy (lost his money BTW) or a dealer who shafted yamaha and used his cousin, neice or granny as a buyer. If you do find one be prepared to pay FULL retail there are no bargains. Sellers heaven on this unit right now. Me I ordered early and got a very sweet deal from Got Gear in Ridgeland, Ms. I got my bike earlier than any of the Sept. 1st orders. Mine was one of the 1st stateside to be in a owners possesion.

The bike, it's super sweet in the 120 miles I have had time to ride it in the past week. More miles will come soon. Sitting position is completely natural. Vibration none, torque is everywhere, top end rush not so much, electronic nanny aids, too many IMO but hey everyone can ride it. Traction control bothers me the worst not the ABS as I first feared. Suspension is harsh and stiff for a small guy. Seat is okay but too soft for long rides. Accessories from Yamaha are good and fit on the bike.

Latest update, added the Yamaha panniers and skidplate last night.
Very nice!
Supahflid is online now   Reply With Quote