View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
DougZ73 OP
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,847
Ok, so back to it. This is Saturday, July 30th..and we were out doing a geocache after the start of the ride.

The first one we actually went to, I did not grab my camera, but took some shots with the cell phone:

Song with the located Geocache.

This is back to the one we went to next. It was up a long dirt road that followed some good flowing stream. We ended up waking for about 1/2 mile, before I personally decided to stop and go back to the bikes. I had on my Alpine Bionic Free ride shorts, under my Thor RIDE pants. They did not like the walking and kept wanting to fall down. I had decided to head back to the $20K plus worth of bikes and gear we just left sitting in the side of the road, albeit it pretty desolate. This is shot of the bike as I am sitting in shade across from it.

Another nature shot. I thought the ferns looked pretty cool from where I was sitting in the shade.

The guys walking back from the long dirt road...no cache found. We bagged geocaching after this point and just decided to ride the nice roads.

This was the nice cool rock I was sitting against, in the shade...while waiting for everyone to come back.

So, then after riding many of the nice roads for the day( which I never got the camera out again for), we decided to head back to camp. Our usual plan on the Saturday, was after a great day of riding, was to head back to camp, change into our swim trunks, and ride the less than a mile from camp down to the lake( Big Pond) to take in some swimming and cool off. And that is just what we did. The water up there is so nice and clean and clear, its a pleasure to take a dip in it...not to mention getting cleaned up..since there were no showers at the campsite. There were out houses, to which I was only one brave enough to use.

Now, once we were at lake, I realized that my seat mounted rack system was somehow falling apart. I took the quick dip in the lake, I headed back to camp before the other guys, to get fixing it..hopefully..while there was still light. My whole getting home with my gear depending on that home made rack system.

The bike is an SV1000s. I custom made my own subframe to graft on an 06 GSXR 600/750 tail. With a custom subframe, comes no off the shelf rack systems..thus the homemade seat set up. Luckily, all the issue ended up being was the two bolts that hold down the latch mechanism, had lost their nuts and came loose. When riding in a "spirited" manner, the bike vibrates like crazy....enough to loosen nuts. I put some nylock nuts on this time....which I had with me.

This night, we decided to have food from a local store...burgers and dogs..and Song was nominated to be the $5 grill master. He is actually a really good cook, so this was a piece of cake for him.

The guys chillin' while Song was cooking.

back to it in a bit..dinner time.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote