View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
MeanStreaker OP
KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer: 511
Yeah, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun on the CannonTrek. I'm enjoying that report. We just missed each other and I was wondering if we'd ever meet up.

Later on in the report you'll meet some local guys on dirtbikes (hi gporter ) that told us all about the "20 crazy MF'ers they saw riding together".

We had 5 full days of riding and definitely wish we had 6. We planned ahead of time to take about half the "big bike go arounds" Cannon charted out (at times, in the thick of it, I was thinking I should've taken more) , and still ended up substituting Route 2 for a few very small sections on the last day so we could make it back to St Ignace in time. I think Cannon says the whole thing is 1250 miles. We ended up with 1202, so all in all not too shabby.

Granted, our first day (which you're about to read about), was probably a lot slower than most would take it. We were newbs to riding off-pavement and combine that with DEFINITELY having a ton of trouble in the deep sand... I'm sure that slowed us down a lot.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom.

MeanStreaker screwed with this post 08-08-2011 at 01:22 PM
MeanStreaker is offline   Reply With Quote