View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #23828
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhd1223 View Post
With the damage to my WR I need to replace the stock bars. I'm looking for a bend that is a little bit taller with a little bit less sweep. With my rough measurements on the stockers it appears the Pro Taper Henry/Reed bend provides this. Can those of you with this bend confirm?

I'm also debating on sticking with 7/8 or going to a big bar. Are there any pros/cons of the choice other than the obvious bigger is stronger and new bar/hand guard mounts needed?

Regarding the ends of big bars, I know they taper off the 7/8 for the controls. Do standard hand guard inserts still fit or are mods needed?

Thanks.
I went through that exact stuff not too long ago. I now have, after bending a couple of sets of other bars, the ProTaper henry/reed bars. Henry/Reed is the one closest to stock...thanks for my fellow ADV'ers steering me that way when I was looking.

I stuck with 7/8" myself since I already had the snazzy HDB top clamp and did not want to render it useless. Not to mention everything else on the bars is set for 7/8". The Protapers are hella thick, and strong.

I am using some Pitposse.com generic risers to get a little more height on them since I stand 90% of the time while riding.

The bar end/hand guard connector has to be for a smaller ID..inside diameter bar. Most come with both set ups. The stock bars bend like swiss cheese since they are pretty thin walled...comparatively.

Hope that helps.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote