View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #7987
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Im pretty sure this was addressed a ways back. No correlation.
Incidently, my bike is a "staller. But yesterday, after a 250 mile ride, with a few stops where I turned the engine off (fuel, and lunch) and stops for red lights, photographs, etc. with the engine on, the bike did not stall once. It now has close to 3,000 miles.

My bike used to stall ONLY hen the engine was warm (normal operating temperature), after an idling period, or after I turned the engine off (for fuel, or for a photo op, or something like that) and turned it back on in about 5-10 minutes. It always stalled on the "blip the throttle" scenario.

Only one time it stalled in between gears (going from 2 to 1, and I was blipping the throttle at that time), and only one time it had that stall where the engine really did not want to run and was difficult to re-start. The last two scenarios, I repeat, occurred only once each in the 3,000 miles.

I have refused to get my bike to the dealers until I hear in official version from Triumph. But for now, based on yesterday's ride, I will consider it solved.

I always use 92 octane (American calculation method).

Lion

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 11:38 AM
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote