View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #2873
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,912
Blue water bridge

Bratso and I were on our way to a family reunion when we made the grab. So since the Dog family holdings are located in the thumb of Michigan, so too shall the new location of the Egg be located in the thumb of Michigan. I would have really liked to take it all the way to the UP, but time and circumstances would not allow. Still, I donít think this is a bad drop location. Accessible to many, the egg could move anywhere from here. I will suggest that if you approach from the South, you just hop on the slab and be done with it. The fingers of the metro Detroit area are long and it is a royal PIA to navigate through the surrounds.

This is the money shot

After you get the money shot turn a little more than 90 degrees clockwise. You will be looking at the Thomas Edison Depot Museum. It is across the street and a couple of hundred yards away. Mr. Egg is located there underneath the rail car.

This series of photos should walk to right to the honorable Mr. Egg. Move across the street to the museum. Park in front and walk around the left side of the building.

Once you get around back, you will see a little alcove between the building and the train car. Move to the end of the alcove and look down past the down spout. See the white chunk of concrete. Dig there and you will find the prize buried in the gravel.

Good luck and fine travels. Bratso and I really enjoyed our time with Mr. Egg. I am sure you will as well.

Yankee Dog and Bratso
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote