View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #58
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,824
East London

Went for a ride around East London today, seems to be a a little on the dodgy side but nothing I didnt feel comfortable with.
I was down the beach front and had a walk around the local market where I met a nice family as I walked around. Asked them where i could fix my slow leaking front tyre and they gave me the tip on that and also where I could have a nice beer and feed just down the road.

Took off and rode around for awhile just trying to see as much as East London as I could. Came across a football game so thought id go watch for awhile, wasnt real high quality but nice to watch the local crew playing all the same. I was just sitting on my bike and one of the local lads came over to say gday and have a chat its always nice to meet the local football fraternity and be able to talk about the game even if it is in a broken english and a little hard to communicate.

Left there after the game whih the local boys lost unfortunatly then rode back home, had my Gps with me but wasnt using it and rode straight past the street and shopping centre I was staying at and eneded up back down the beach front then just backtracked the way I knew, it wasnt as if it was far only 5 or so minutes away anyway, it wasnt till I came back to it I realised I had driven straight past where I was staying.

Just chilled out for the rest of the night went over for a walk over the the shopping centre with one of the young crew that had just moved from Joburg and was working in a local restaraunt and grabbed some dinner but other than that East London didnt get to see much of me but it was just a stop off point to get down to Jefferys Bay and I had racked up alot of k's and riding in the last few days.

Leaving in the morning, Joan the other lady that works here have been really friendly as well and had a nice chat with her over breakfeast this morning. funny she had another story of home invasion and very voilent seems to be everyone im bumping into lately has been the victim or has had a family member brutally attacked. Just reminds me not to let my guard down and stay aware of where I am so I can stay out of trouble.
Attached Images

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 12-18-2013 at 06:22 AM
rideforsmiles is online now   Reply With Quote