View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Those are very inspiring photos.

Has anybody ridden the 800XC off-road two up? I'm interested to know it works for that. I test rode a 800 XC earlier this year and it's in my sights as a possible replacement for my KLR650. One of it's missions would be for riding of the easy routes on organized dual sport rides two up. I bought my KLR for that purpose but am questioning it's lack of power and um.... less than stellar suspension to get the job done.

Maybe there is a better thread to pose this question, if so, please redirect me. I chose this one due to the proliferation of off-road riding shots.
Yes, a couple times. just remember it's it's pretty heavy when loaded with 2up & we did some great single track in N GA. The suspension does ok, turned the preload up on the rear...she ain't no lightweight....if you are an experienced rider you'll be fine. We are planning ride to CO next year & my wife wants to come along....so we will be 2 up.