View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #24069
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmajors View Post
With that setup where is your extra gas since you don't have a bigger tank. I don't either and don't really want one. Your pictures were really helpful. Thank you! Also, what are those pole things hanging on your bike?
I have the IMS 3.1 tank and carried 2 MSR 30oz fuel bottles in the right side enduro saddle bag (along with a spare front and rear tube, tool kit, patch kit, emergency stand, spare levers and shifter, oil filter, spark plug, and a bottle of HEET for fuel for my alcohol stove). I'm good for about 200 miles of trails and 175 miles of pavement with that setup.

The pole thingy was my surfboard rack, I was planning on renting boards as I went down the coast but except for one day when I had to catch a ferry it was Lake Atlantic.

RE: tools and other pokey things, I took and old pair of blue jeans and cut up one of the legs to make a tool wrap, then cut another strip to make a tie for it. Super durable so far and makes it easy to keep everything together when doing trailside maintenance. Lay the tools in the middle, fold the ends over, then roll like a burrito, tie the strap with a half hitch. As far as beer goes, buy cans.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote