View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #24122
bhd1223
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Flatland Racing Rad Guard

Well I need to head out to try and find some plugs to build a cable for the new welder but I just wanted to inform everyone that I modified the radiator guard so I'm able to tighten/loosen the shroud bolts from outside the guard. When I return I'll post up the pictures and mention what I did.

So here goes. I took a file and filed down the spots shown in the following pictures to allow access to the bolts using a L shaped allen key from outside the guard. I started on the lower with the shroud off and after I was able to get the bolt in by hand I put the shroud on because I was able to also get the upper bolt in by hand. I then ran into the problem of tightening the bolts. To solve this I just filed at an angle to try and get straight access to the bolt head. On the lower I was successful but I left the upper as it is just a little off straight because I didn't want to take away more material. I was already getting closer to the bend at the front than I wanted to so I decided it was good enough. Onto the pictures. First is the file, second the lower, third the inner part of the upper, and last the outer part of the upper. On the lower section you can see that I had to remove a good deal with the different curve before I even filed from the side. On the top the only filing was from the side.

Keeping the Vulcan for now. The ladies seem to love it.

bhd1223 screwed with this post 08-23-2011 at 02:29 PM
bhd1223 is offline   Reply With Quote