View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly View Post
I had a girlfriend like this in college, she was gorgeous and mercurial and fun to ride, but I dropped her because I knew eventually it would end badly.
I had one of those too, and you described the relationship perfectly FWIW, that is how I now describe BMW's after losing brakes twice coasting through a red light because the system sensed a "fault"

OK, back to your question which I feel qualified to answer. My new Tiger 800XC rocks. I was out on my Uly today for the first time since bringing the Tiger home. I love that Uly, but I now know that it will never be my only bike. I haven't had any problems with my 09, and it is fun as hell to ride. Yes, it has tons of character, but the whole time I was reminded how much I love riding this Tiger. It's the triple. I find it intoxicating. Demo one and see if it works for you. It is a totally different experience, and it is refined beyond belief. The opoosite of a Uly, but don't take that the wrong way. I love my Uly. I'm not selling it, but this is now my daily rider for a reason.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote