View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
CosentinoEngineering OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
did I miss the best of times part?

>>Awesome Chris - you're finally going to tell your tale of "the best of times, the worse of times"!

Yes, finally pulling the finger out and trying to get the project out there onto one or 2 of those internet things.

>>Can we see a pic or mockup of what this beast will look like?

Fairing design is still in progress but my interest is under the skin. The first bike will be a roadrace version as that is my primary passion but sakurama has been after me to work up an adventure version. An initial look shows that it may work out quite nicely. The linkage front suspension is easily reconfigured for long travel and the compact and light engine/chassis assembly would make a very maneuverable overall package. The increased torsional strength of the upright assembly as compared to telescopic forks should make a much easier to control bike when rocks, ruts, and sand try to deflect the front wheel's path.

>>You should be given a special pass to run against the Moto 2 bikes.

I was at the Indy GP this weekend speaking with Mike Webb and other Dorna people trying to get the bike when it is ready in for at least some provisional running. That is not going to happen as events at that level are very tightly restricted by rules and sponsors. Running in the CEV (Spanish national championship and Dorna testbed) is still a possibility. I am trying to have some input in to the 2013-2016 Moto2 rule package which is currently being developed and which will have a more open engine rule. Exactly how open the engine specification will be is still vague. Regardless of where it will race, it will race. And win.
CosentinoEngineering is offline   Reply With Quote