View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
motoretro OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
While they are available, I've not seen anything under $550 US and this does not include carbs, radiator or any electrical. Looking at this application and the required components did provide a idea on how to install a L/C engine. The seat on the scoot is huge, I can live w/o this and by using a solo seat, It'll provide a spot to hang a radiator and fan. So at least this is an option although a pricey one. I've seen the Taiwan engines on eBay, definitely a neat workable package although would still need to purchase a carb, build a fan-cooled shroud and devise a remote shifting mechanism. Nothing too difficult although the power is close to original scooter output and I would like something with a bit more.

Thanks,
Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
Do you have Kwaka Ninja 250 motors plentiful around your place?
Amazing what you can do with an angle grinder (for the gearbox), a puller (to remove the alternator, then make an adaptor for the comet drive sheave), and a welder (to stop it running away in terror from it's new home).

The other option is a complete 160-ish cc scoot motor from Taiwan over Ebay, only 15hp but then you're done.

motoretro screwed with this post 09-04-2011 at 02:20 PM
motoretro is offline   Reply With Quote