View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #39482
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Pretty good motorcycle weekend so far; rode out to Peoli yesterday morning and got Bruced, but had a good ride before it got too hot, then went out in the late afternoon on the gravel with my neighbor/bicycle buddy. His name is Grasshopper. He recently purchased an 1982 Honda XR500R for $200. It doesn't have a title, it has a headlight that works but no tail light, no blinkers, no mirrors, no license plate, no insurance, no gear, no motorcycle endorsement. When you do something with the Grasshopper, it's always an adventure.

Had a nice ride this morning with bryguy and guernsey, started in OW, did all of SR 26 starting with County Road 26 in Morristown, then SR 676 over to SR 339, Dropped bryguy of in Beverly, and stayed on 376 to Macksburg, lost guernsey to I-77, and I came back in via SR 821 to Caldwell and SR 285 and was home at 1:15 PM. It was 170 twisty miles. We were dry all the way.

It was nice and cool today, we only saw 4 motorcycles on all of 26. We met 2 guys and we passed a couple riding together. The questionable weather or the early hour must have kept most of the HD crowd home.

I'm riding tomorrow with my best buddy Pauley on his Burgman and his banker buddy who has a HD that he rides when the sun shines.
Grasshopper's real first name isn't Pete is it? I've only known one guy named Grasshopper and one of the last times I saw him, he almost killed me, towing me behind his car on rollerblades in downtown cleveland. He stopped for a red light and I couldn't... sounds kind of like the same type of guy.