View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #39506
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Labor day lunch ride

Rode to VA yesterday to try some BBQ that has been receiving good reviews. The reviews are warranted! Due South BBQ just outside of Roanoke VA, knows what they are doing. Rib meat was very good, tons of smoke flavor, thick smoke ring, and the meat was able to be pulled off the bone clean, without falling off on its own. In addition, their home made sauces were nearly perfect. Being in VA, they have to make every type of sauce to satisfy the masses. Their vinegar sauce (which I generally avoid) had so many different spices, it was thick... and very good. Their sweet tomato based, and spicy tomato based were both excellent too. To top it off, they have crazy good side dishes that you just can't find around here. If I had to mention something that I didn't think was as good as I have had... it would be the mustard sauce. It was average at best, too much yellow mustard taste, not enough spice/heat. Overall... awesome BBQ within a days ride.

The ride down is great too. We did 760 miles, but made a stop at a second BBQ joint in WV for dinner. I won't bore you with our route, but you can find about whatever you want between Huntington, WV and Roanoke, VA. The last hour takes you along a rather wide section of the New River.

Here are my FB posts:

Notice I did not review this one... for good reason

Oh yeah, it rained on us for 15 hours

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote