View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #163
JSharp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideDualSport.com View Post
Ok, so after 700 miles, I am searching for a reason NOT to buy one. Ummmmmm.... ok, the seat is not up to the rest of the bike's long distance capabilities. Also, there ain't no freakin helmet lock! Oh yea, no center stand makes lubing the chain a chore (but I am going to fix that by installing a Scott Oiler and say good bye to chain maintenance).

I am getting more impressed with how the bike handles all riding situations, its very tame and easy to ride in the City, it will devour mountains, it gives tons of road feedback and stellar handling, the adjustable windshield is more than a marketing gimmick too!

I also found out that dudes who ride really awesome antique American bikes, like the Ninja 1000 too!
It's a great bike but it's more sport than tour. So some things require a little accommodation. IMO it's worth it.

Buy one of these for 10 bucks and put it under the seat. You can hang your helmet on one of the grab rails and loop the cable through the d-ring. You can even lock your coat with it.

I bought a PitBull stand for maintenance at home and a QuickStand to keep under the seat if I need one when I'm not there.