View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #625
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer-lust View Post
I have a Camaro myself but car technology is not necessarily good for motorcycles;otherwise the Boss-Hoss with a real Chevy-V8 would rule the motorcycle market...
240Kg I would dismiss as propaganda;mybe they use japanese scales who always come up 40lbs short...
O.K. I get it.You guys don't mind chains...
But for the MOTUS a bike like a Boxer or Guzzi with perfect north/south crank arrangement to put in extra gears to channel the power an extra 90 degrees to employ a chain is just plain stupid!
Of course it takes more money and engineering expertise to put a shaftdrive on but to use an excuse chains are lighter and the MOTUS is a "sportbike" is plain ridicolous and pure PR B.S....
With shaftdrive it could have been a serious contender.
Without it I doubt the "made in usa" label has as much or more appeal as other sports-tourers like VFR1200 or K1300S...
Not necessarily car technology, just proven, efficient, reliable technology. Sh!t, if you're going down that road, why is shaft drive that is so good on cars being used on bikes? Or fuel injection? Or ABS. You still haven't talked about unsprung weight in any of your posts. Man I don't know why I keep getting sucked into this. Gotta go find the ignore button.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote