View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #33
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
TE610 Safari Tank Part 2

Here's some pics of the tank on the bike.

First of all, notice how narrow it is. It is narrower than the IMS 5 gallon tank I had on my 06 TE610.

My observations:
From the riders point of view, the tank is no wider than stock. It doesn't spread my legs at any weird angle or anything. Sitting on the bike is totally comfortable.

It seem to feel the same with 5 gallons in the tank, lower on the bike than 3 gallons in the stock tank, higher on the bike. I wondered about it feeling top heavy. The IMS 5 gallon tank on my 06 TE610 does feel top-heavy when full, but feels great with 3 gallons. This tank feels great with 5 gallons

The feel of the plastic is really good. This seems like a good, thick, durable tank that I can throw down the trail without worrying about doing any real damage.

No @$%@$ key for the gas cap! Awesome!

I have to admit, I balked at spending >$7xx for a frickin' gas tank, but now that I have it, I feel it is so well worth it. I'm really glad I got it. The Husqvarna TE610 is an awesome bike. It works well in the deserts of Nevada, Oregon, and Baja, and the extended range I get now gives me some real piece of mind.

drrags screwed with this post 09-09-2011 at 09:40 AM
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote