View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Ginger Beard OP
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,107
Laugh Sandflea FFs Hooliganize the South or The Splendiferous Emphysema Tour

This trip began as a thread in the Sandbox. It was birthed by one guy's (Buzztail) brilliant idea to bring together a bunch of Florida Feckin' Fecks' for a week long trip exploring the Southern Dual Sport loop and blossomed into a group of Southern hooligans terrorizing back roads and small towns from the FL panhandle through AL and GA and back thanks to another Flatistanian's (DR Z) efforts to "organize" our unruly group . "Why the hell would you do this when the temps are in the upper 90's and there was a tropical depression looming on the horizon?" you may ask. Well.....Why not?!

Before I "get to it" I will give you a bit of info about myself. I have been riding dirt-bikes since I was 9 years old (I"m now 37) and have had my KLX300r for the last 9 years. Is this "9" thing some type of pattern pattern? No, just a strange coincidence. In that time I have never done a multi-day trip on my KLX. While I have done plenty of multi-day/multi-state rides on street bikes ,this type of dual sport ride would be a first for me ( and several others in our group) and for my trusty steed.

2 weeks before the trip I realized that my bike was...ummmm... not equipped for a week long ride......I needed to prep!!

So I bought these pieces of metal...

...and came up with this....

...and these....

...So that I could hang a set of throw-overs. Here's the setup on a shakedown run in the Everglades.

I also added a bit more light.

I also put on some fresh tires (Kenda K270s) and a new F&R sprocket combo that would give me a bit more top end (though not enough as I would soon find out! )

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 09-13-2011 at 06:13 AM Reason: fix title
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote