View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
Ginger Beard OP
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,808
Day two of our 60 mile tour (by the end of the trip we would come to realize that DR Z was good at many things. Map legends? NOT one of those things. ).

It began normal enough. Roll out of bed around nine-ish,load up the bikes,enjoy the tail end of a magnificent continental breakfast and hit the road by noon. We were a very ambitious group. Early to bed and all that. We head across the street from the Hotel to fuel up and are greeted by a very friendly attendant that was pressure cleaning the area where the pumps are situated. Okay, he was kind of a dick. Thankfully I was wearing my helmet and could barely hear his grumpy utterances.

Getting our rides ready to go. You will notice (or not) the absence of a few riders here. Several riders had prior obligations so they couldn't do the whole ride. Both sanjoh and kelly duke 2000 decided to take off a bit early (just after this pic).We would meet up with them later in the day.

Aaaaand.....We're OFF!!

To our first break of the day.

This would become the modus operandi for our trip which was fine by me as my arse was taking a right pummeling from my seat even with it's extra padding (extra padding in the seat, not my ass!)

Pretty cool bridge but I wouldn't recommend a dip in the stream that ran underneath it unless you wanted to re-enact the leach scene from Stand By Me.

Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote