View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #257
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
The Tenth Anniversary of September 11th has come and gone, but I have these for the offering! It was an incredible sight visually, audibly, and physiologically to watch the 9/11 ride come through Cumberland! From what I understand there where 2500 riders broken up into groups to better handle the logistics. They came from "Shanksville, PA" headded to the Pentagon, and then on to NY and The WTC Ground Zero sites! "We Will Never Forget" was the thought to be expressed. I had arrived to the cross town bridge at mid morning thinking I probably missed the event, when I saw people lined up along the road. I went up and climbed up on the bridge just in time to hear the sirens from the lead pace Police cars coming down Mechanic street from the Narrows. Here are some of the rides and riders.

And then they came and just kept coming for over forty five minutes! Bikes of all sizes shapes [riders to] !

The first bikes that came through where Police bikes from all over the country

Then the Common American Patriots, but then there is nothing common about an American Patriot!

Even folks on Beemers! Go Figure!

I saw extreme end of the spectrum from this full dresses Gold Wings to Scooters fully loaded!

They just kept coming ... !

This is the link to my "youtube" video of a one minute clip of the riders! [learning to ad a vid clip] hoping this works
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiDkCkW_iZo

We Must Never Forget!
The lessons of history that we forget will be the ones we will have to repeat!

Riff screwed with this post 09-13-2011 at 08:15 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote