View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 AM   #91
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
I'd trade my Uly for that RGV250 in a heartbeat.

Damn, wrong continent.
I like the rgv and all (it's road registered and damn it is fun once you get it in the power band) but for a Uly? Damn I wish we were closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
That's what I'd do.

They aren't perfect. The clutch is heavy and the motor below 2,500rpm is a jerky pain around town. But wind it past 2.5k and it becomes earily smooth with an effortless, torque-rich forward urge. The suspension's buttery smooth, adept at swallowing minor surface irregularieties without a trace at the seat and bars. Yet works to maintain the composure of that unflappable Buell chassis when you want to chew through your favourite backroads with haste.

All that and comfortable seating for two, heated grips, electric vest outlets, ample lockable luggage space and terrific fuel economy.

There aren't many bikes out there that'll do all that. And none of them handle like a Buell.

I know, that is why my heart says yes, I sold the Buell in a fit because it shook it's muffler loose and the fan gave up on the same weekend (after 70000kms). Any other bike I would never have given a second thought to as once it's in the rear view you can't go back, but the Buell was something different.

I loved the way that it shook, I loved the tractor like torque, the handling. All the guys I ride with say I am slower on the R1 (in twisties) the Buell gave you confidence with the suspension and handling. The R1 is great but it is too harsh and too likely to throw you off.

My old one is on the local classifieds for too much though. I sold it cheap (as I said i went into a irrational fit, I think it was like a lover letting me down, "you are dead to me.... get out of my sight", see this bike is totally irrational) I can't give him that much profit. There's only one other for sale in the state. Well maybe it is a good excuse for a road trip

Need to sell the R1 to free up cash. I'll make the choice then, at the moment I am dreaming Buell.

Vertical C screwed with this post 09-14-2011 at 04:39 AM
Vertical C is online now   Reply With Quote