View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken View Post
i have one with the north america driving maps on mine, when you get the refurbished unit, does it have the maps you paid for on it. will they they let you down load them or do you have to buy new maps.
I wasn't concerned at all about maps----- I have figured around all their unlock codes------which I won't discuss on here or PM's------so don't ask.
I have several 276's ---and just thought it was fair that I could load my paid for maps in all of my units, without paying for an unlock code for each unit---and I succeeded in doing that. I don't feel that is cheating garmin.

Waynegs is right
It was my understanding they will register your new unit in place of the old so your unlocks should work-----but I didn't try this as I didn't need to.

After getting my new unit----I went to garmins site to view my registered units----my old one was gone--and the new one with another serial number was already there.

The new unit will arrive with nothing in it--------no maps--no waypoints--no tracklogs--no saved routes---no data card (they didn't come with one new anyway)---it is your responsibility to have saved this stuff to reload.

Mark
2013 Husky 650 TR650 Terra

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 09-14-2011 at 04:13 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote