View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #40
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,987
I'm sure he'll have a "bad" game sooner or later - three? interceptions ain't helping the cause either - but the press is extremely positive on Cam.

One example: link

"The NFL has a burgeoning super star on its hands in Cam Newton.

The No. 1 overall pick in the April draft and Heisman Trophy winner at Auburn threw for an NFL rookie record 432 yards and a touchdown in Carolina's 30-23 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.

That followed his 422-yard performance - a league record for a quarterback in his pro debut - in last week's loss at Arizona.

Newton briefly held the NFL record for most passing yards in the first two games of the season by any quarterback (854), before New England's Tom Brady broke it a few hours later. Newton still set a league record for most yards passing in the first two games of a career.

A rookie in the same paragraphy with Tom Brady. Unbelievable
."

I've said it before - we're looking at a guy who made some mistakes and appears to have learned from them. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but I think he's got the character, the drive and the ambition to make it in the NFL. All you have to do is watch his body language - he wears his heart on his sleeve - to know he's just a big ole kid having a pretty good time.

Now he just needs to win a few games.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote