View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #52
Ginger Beard OP
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,361
After some fuel and a tasty snack shared by Buzztail we were on our way..Officially. We rode a ton of slab this day but it was the good kind (read twisty). We picked our way through Talladega Natl Forest (see previous post ) and onto a bit more slab. As I said though, even the slab was pretty darn good riding especially when you get to ride a little of this in between...

We came to a "Bridge Out" sign but the locals in golf carts seemed to have little issue with crossing it so...

Gratuitous "Scotty loves Jean" bridge pic.

We took this opportunity to rest and eat some lunch.

Today would be more about the ride than the pictures so you get what you get. We rode some amazing blacktop twisties and some fun dirt sections. A big part of today's ride would be an introduction to the GA gravel that the local road management has decided to put down on every single mile of dirt road. This stuff is slick and made for some..."interesting" riding conditions.

But first ...

The best view of the day.

No, not the dude.... the BEER!! It aint the best kind of beer but there's enough of it to make you forget that you are drinking crap.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond

Ginger Beard screwed with this post 09-19-2011 at 06:08 PM
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote