View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #22
RedRockRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Petroglyphs with Pop and Dad

A few pics from the Petroglyph ride with Pop and Dad. Pop and I at the sign, just over the Arizona border from Utah -- exit at the new St. George airport road. This is 10 miles from my house and the beginning of the AZ strip.

Pop with the bikes, ready to roll. The scrape on his arm from the two dumps yesterday is all fixed up (wife is doctor), and Pop is ready to roll.

And the close-up. As Pop says, "I'm one lucky guy."

Pop and my dad arriving at the Petroglyph site. This is an easy ride on smooth dirt, very accessible from St. George. There are great rides that continue further south, deep into the AZ strip. More details on that later. Today, was all about a pleasant afternoon jaunt with Pop and Dad.

Observation: Rock looks very southern Utah "red" for being called the "Little Black Mountain Petroglyph Site"

A few petroglyph shots:

Dad with his Honda. This is really a great little bike. Don't hesitate if you are considering it.

Bikes on the open road, headed back to St. George.

Final shot of our little trio, me excluded. Very fun afternoon with Dad and Pop. No dumps and Pop has his mojo back. He wants to go to Brian Head this weekend, perhaps to mess around with the bigger road bikes up there. Have to keep him calm -- no passengers, especially not the new girlfriend. Might be best to stick them on the ATVs and let them have fun that way.

Thanks for ridin' along, inmates. Highly recommend the AZ strip if it fits your plans. Will post more in future, but next rides will likely be Brian Head area or higher elevation. Almost time for fall color. Ride safe.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is online now   Reply With Quote