View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #33
Idahosam OP
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,097
Sunday 25/9

Hola everyone, doing a little catchup as I've been in need of recovery.

Day 2 Sept. 23
Nothing really new to add other than it was a very hot ride, almost stifling going through Vegas and Laughlin NV was 106 to 108 made that tough in riding gear. Ely NV to Wickengurg AZ; 550 ish miles today. I think I was fighting off heat exhaustion all day, been sucking down Gatorade at every gas stop, didnít pee all day either, so I knew I was barely keeping the heat stroke at bay. Slept like a log.
Day 3
Got up early and hit the road before daylight to beat the heat going into Phoenix, and glad I did as I-10 had a couple miles of grid lock at 7 am bike almost over heated while stuck in traffic; On a Saturday morning WOW imagine a work day! Made it to the predefined rendezvous Point in Tempe to wait for Radioman, Dennyís.
We Bsíd for a bit he ate and we headed on the final 120 miles to Tucson, we both agreed the heat like to suck the life out of us so we are extending our layover for a day. Next to do some maintenance, and self re-hydration .

Mark and I in the parking lot of Denny's with a new ADV associate David whom Mark struck up a conversation with.

Damn I'm getting fat

Arrived At Mark's brother casa .... in the neck of time. My total to here 1059.5 miles

Radioman and his brother catching up

Sunday morning

Mark catching up and trying to get his International paper work in order.

I walked out to the bike, need to take care of some issues, like this front tire; it served me well.

Need to do an oil change too

Did I mention it Mui calinante down here. think I'll go take a nap, as Mark has us going over to some fellow ADv'ers this afternoon for cervesa and maintenance on the bikes and possibly a BBQ

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote