Thread: Android Phones
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #61
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
b) 100MB is what, a couple hours of music streaming? a smartphone becomes a *lot* more fun, and a lot more useful with unlimited data. ;D
I'm getting this so I can surf the web/stream music and generally screw around when I have down time at work. My new position means a lot of time just being there. I can't just leave to find wifi, so it probably won't be an option 95% of the time. Figure 20-25 hours a week of this and how many mb I'd go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackmeyer View Post
Ahh, true enough. I'd love to stream radio from seattle at the jobsite. But paying that much per month for it? I don't think so. And what really got me to switch away from sprint was the inability to make a call from home.
I don't even really care how it works at home, heck, I don't even care how it works as a phone anywhere. It will be about 90% surfing tool, 9% texting tool, and 1% phone. I have to carry the work phone anyway and can use that whenever, but it doesn't do anything else. My new work phone(which is sprint) works great at my house. I have to walk up the hill to my barn for my verizon to work here. Just waiting for a sale now.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote