My DR has been a hoot. The previous owner set it up pretty nicely yet simply, and I even had him take a few things off (Corbin, topbox, etc.) to sell to somebody else. I'm ok on the stock seat for a while, and I'm used to not having even a shroud or flyscreen.
It currently has the following mods that make touring no problemo:
- Nice squishy grips.
- IMS tank that fits 5+gal.
- Aux. driving lights.
- Choice of tubular steel Suzuki tailrack or PWD aluminum plate tailrack with Givi hardware.
- Givi E45 topbox.
- 3" aluminum extension plate to move Givi E45 back for passenger space.
- Stock CV carb with Procycle jetting kit, cut airbox, Uni filter, and FMF Q2 exhaust. It pulls the stock gears like a freight train. 5th is now useable from 45MPH indicated.
- Sideracks of unknown mfr. to keep soft panniers away from exhaust/tire/chain.
- Mild TW22 tires.
- ATV Logic tank panniers and tankbag.
- Dowco Fastrax soft panniers.
- Springs for a 200lb rider and 10wt. oil in both ends.
- EnduroStar trailstand for service/repairs.
- Battery Tender lead that doubles as a 12V accessory plug.
I may add the following touring-improvement mods though:
- Safari 8gal tank with Raptor petcocks.
- Quieter never-repack exhaust...GSX-R1000 muffler.
- 1-2" Lowered rider pegs, 2-4-6" lowered passenger pegs, and some touring pegs.
- Aftermarket seat like Renazco or Procycle.
- Inline fuel filters and stainless reusable oil filter.
- Lockable ToolTube.
- FAR KTM tall folding mirrors or some convex bar-end mirrors.
- Tusk handguards w/LED signals in the shields.
- 15&16/45 520 sprockets.
- GPS mount.
- Amber foglights.
- Polisport YZ front fender.