View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,029
I hail from S/W Vic, if i've got a bike that's regoed/running i'm up for an occasional mission be it tar,dirt or both.
Spot heaps of interstate/local bikes @ Shell servo/Footy Ground corner in my home town.
Some friendly/some not. Lately seen an increase in BMW's,Africa twins,DR's etc in SW, making me think there must be fellow ADV freaks here lurking somewhere.
Always say g'day to any I see there, mainly to suss out mod's to their machines.
I have been to Fisholes Rally a couple of times,and binned my NX650 bad attempting to make it another time years ago.
I've not yet got to GPS level and use what maps I can afford to suss out riding op's.
Haven't done the SW adventure trail,(SWAT) and have neglected to join Portland DSMRA, although hope to soon.

It's mainly Harley scene on my local road, although the South West Tourers (Ulysee's?) are around.
The only potential ADV'er I've struck was on a black DR @ above servo and claimed "to have ridden every road around here" and seemed dissmisive of my friendly banter (was on red BMW K1 @ the time)
Only been back home a few months from being interstate.....
Roadbikes hit around 300km's sometimes past my joint on their way to/from Moto GP...............
More roo's around now with the blue Gums everywhere.
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote