View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,439
DSMRA SA an active group

Thanks Ian,

Your legs wouldn't snap from the cold. They are just plain skinny!

I have been in contact with SA DSMRA. They post their ride dates on DBW organize a ride yourself section ( SA).

I got enthusiastic about the Tintinara ride (3.5 Hours from here) but my schedule was already full. See reference to life style change needed earlier.

I read those posts that you listed. There do seem to be a few western Vic. riders on this site, but I only noted a few Mt. Gambier based guys, not any further West. I know Alan Rigby organizes some DS rides in the Lower SE of SA.

I was thinking in view of the recent discussion regarding ride organizers responsibilities in the eyes of our current screwed up liability laws, it could be an opportunity for DSMRA to act as a umbrella organization for adventure type rides, thereby giving the organizers access to cheap insurance cover. Problem solved.

Downside is that riders would have to become DSMRA members ( $50 per year approx) after their first introductory ride to see if this is for them. We could set up an email group to advise of rides and people can turn up, sign the forms and ride. To date we only have a few Adventure type riders in the SW DSMRA group, so we mostly cater for trail/enduro bikes. DS stands for Dual Sport = Adventure riding after all. Rides could be advertised as grade1-6? and those with mainly roads, easy tracks, touring, advertised as such ( 1-2).

What do you think?
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote