View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Hello folks,
We are "considering" adding Kevlar and Kevlar Mesh suits to our lineup in addition to the Power Shell and Lombard series. Yes these would be the same materials used by Motoport.

My question is, how many of you are looking for Kevlar/Kevlar Mesh gear and what do you want to spend on it. Before we invest in the idea, i want to get an idea of what you folks(the ones who are looking Kevlar based gear) have on your mind.

Please do share - All kinds of comments are welcome
Thanks
I am looking for kevlar/mesh kevlar.

What do I want to spend on it? Well, as little as possible. However, I understand real quality costs real money. I spent just shy of $1300 for my current motoport jacket and pants, and another $120, or so, on the gloves. The benefit exceeds the cost, but I am not opposed to increase my margin; $1000 for a good outfit that will last for years is a no-brainer for me.

I expect impact protection for most of my body, superior seam strength, tear resistance, and abrasion resistance. Furthermore, the gear must provide year round flexibility. It must be extremely durable for daily abuse, washable, and low maintenance. It needs to be able to be serviced by you in a reasonable time frame. Easy on and off, particularly for the pants (some of us are old, and we played hard in the past). It should have SOLAS level reflective material. I don't care a whole bunch about how it looks - I understand function over form. At this level of spending, I'm not so sure that "pretty" is important. "Rugged" is a look, too, and one that is appreciated. It must work, all the time.

My motoport gear is built to last. Though I spent a lot of money on it, it will last me for a long, long time, say, oh, about 15-20 years. It isn't stylish, so I don't run the risk of ever going out of style.

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote