View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #64
charlie264 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,111
Guys I got the first batch of my SE/ADVENTURE 9*0 side stand relocaters this afternoon. It had a final testing on ACP’s Adv 950 before powder coating. Thanks ACP, for all your help.

It’s practically the same as the steel SE plate and weighs 376 grams, but made to fit with the G-IT aftermarket sump guard and the standard Adventurer 9*0 sump guard. I haven’t tried with any other manufactures of sump guards yet but I see no reason why it will not fit. I found with the G-IT sump guard, when the rear fixing points are true and straight like new, there is a 1 – 1.5mm clearance both sides of the frame and the standard KTM sump guard has plenty of room between the rubber bungs and frame for the fixings to sit in the machined recess in this plate, the recess has been machined down to 1.8mm so effectively it’s the same thickness as a standard M10 washer under the mounting point on one side but it retains the three mounting points which is better, this has been tried and tested.

This plate is made to function with a centre stand, so no centre stand, you will need a spacer/bush as with the standard SE plate, or you can just use a spacer from your own centre stand if you want to use your bike without a centre stand. I’ve had some Marine Grade Stainless Steel Spacer/bush's made, they are identically in size as the KTM ones and can supply them, if you don’t have a centre stand you will need a spacer, I think Stainless Steel is the best solution, I could have some cheaper ones made...but. Or you could buy the OEM hardened steel ones from KTM, part number 60003022021 for one.

The plate is made from 6 mm thick steel and has double layer powder coated finish and comes with all the correctly shoulder bolts and nylock nuts needed. If you have the KTM sump guard, use the existing bolts and likewise for the G-IT, etc. If you have a standard SE without aftermarket sump guard, let me know and I’ll add the M8 bolt you’ll need.

If you are interested in one, please go to Vendors.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731769

Name:  DSC00006.JPG
Views: 2479
Size:  146.8 KB

charlie264 screwed with this post 11-03-2011 at 08:55 PM
charlie264 is offline   Reply With Quote